Monday, March 30, 2009

make someone happy

I decided that I like writing in steps.
so here is my first day back in Riverside yesterday in steps. :]

Step 1: Fly back to Ontario with Klein.
Our flight was delayed an extra hour, so I bought a ridiculously expensive tuna sandwich at the Oakland airport, enjoyed a bumpy flight to southern California and talked extensively to Klein about school. Upon reaching Ontario, we waited for Crystal to pick us up. After dropping Klein off, Crystal and I were on our way to Santa Monica, hoping to catch Ken Oak Band (one of her favs) at Third Street Promenade.

Step 2: Shopping and Judging
There are so many odd fellows at Third Street. We saw the oddest people with insane hair and overall general craziness stamped all over their demeanor. We watched different street performers...perform. The freaks come out at night? Just kidding...but not really. We saw a guy banging on buckets and pots. His personality shined through his dirty exterior, and his performance was entertaining. As Crystal and I watched him, he asked me, as well as this girl and guy, to hold a metal pot for him to bang on. We knelt in front of him in front of this crowd as he did his thing and then he asked the girl to my right if she was single. She blushed and looked down shyly. Then he turned to me and asked me the same. Now I wasn't expecting him to ask me since he spent so long with the girl next to me, and I won't lie, I was somewhat offended. As if I would throw myself at him after he just asked someone else before me! So I said, "Wow, thanks. Now I'm just sloppy seconds." He looked thoroughly amused and then made the whole crowd chant "SLOPPY SECONDS" with him, which made me feel really awkward. I tipped him a dollar. :] Crystal and I later saw him perform again and realized that his performance was an exact repeat LINE FOR LINE. It made me feel significantly less special. Crystal is convinced he makes bank, which I'm sure he does, but I don't know to what extent. There was also this other guy who was balancing on his arms. He had some sort of physical deformity (wow, that comes out sounding way ruder than I intended) where his legs are really small compared to his upper body. He was making insane bird calls and shrieking animal noises. Refer to Crystal's blog if she posts pictures. The man then later demanded that she donate a dollar for taking a picture of him. There was also a large man who had a monkey on a leash. Crystal was too heartbroken to see such a thing. (P.S. Thanks for the sticker. :])

Step 3: Finding parking lot Structure 4 (easier said than done).
Crystal and I wandered around the area for over an hour, through dark alleys and homeless-ridden streets trying to find Structure 4. We found Structure 1-6, but our search for Structure 4 was frustrating and borderline impossible. After asking many useless people and making our rounds around the general neighborhood, we finally found it. Of course, it was just around the corner and we just kept walking around and away from it for the past hour. I won't lie, though. I was genuinely terrified for our lives as we walked through those allies. This dirty man with greasy hair was walking towards us and Crystal and I swerved towards a store in order to look busy. Another man on a bike made kissy noises. Seriously, FREAKS COME OUT AT NIGHT.

Step 4: Find a high class restaurant.
We're in Los Angeles. We're in Beverly Hills. Of course we'll find a high end restaurant. And of course, we found the most expensive place I've ever been to in my whole entire life. Enter Fogo de Chao. Crystal drove into the parking lot and was required to use the valet service. $5.5o. We go in at 9:00 PM and the restaurant hours say it closes at 9:30. There are quite a few people at the restaurant and as we are seated, the waiter comes up to us and lets us know how this place works. He quickly tells us there are 2 parts to the meal: 1. the salad bar and 2. the 14 cuts of meat. I don't understand what the heck is going on and we look on the menu, only to see that there are no prices. We look at wine menu, only to see that their wines costs up to $630. Wow, eff our lives, right? So I ask a woman working there to tell us ONE MORE TIME how the place works and I straight up had to ask her how much it was. $56.60 per person. Eff our lives some more, please. I mean, what were we supposed to do? Walk out after eating their delicious free cheese bread? Crystal later realized we were in a Brazillian steakhouse. We effing stuffed ourselves silly. The meat was delish and the waitors were really nice. But wow, really. $60. We ate and ate and ate and then we went to their bathroom and stole their extremely nice and heavy duty cloth-like paper towels.

Step 5: R'sideeeee
Then we went on our way to Crystal's house to pick up stuff so that she can make RAVER PANTS (ahahahahaha) and back home where we immediately crashed.

Oh, R'side, how I missed thee. <3

3 comments:

  1. you should have hit up asia de cuba in la. it's expensive too, but for about the $40 a person you get food that tastes like a party in your mouth. the party is thrown by jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHAHAA 60 big ones... SURPRISE!!! At least it's a good story to tell hahhaa <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to stick with my fillet-o-fish sandwiches from now on.
    they're only $1.29 now! (!!!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete