Sunday, March 22, 2009

baby girrrrrrl

So I had this epic post about my birthday, but I ended up messing it all up and now I'm too lazy to do it again. My birthday was a lot of fun and there ended up being more than enough alcohol. The end. The only memories of it will be the tagged pictures on facebook.

This quarter is overrrrrr. By finals week, I just wanted to be DONE. I'm a bit disappointed in myself. I was doing so well in the beginning of the quarter, but I eventually blamed my cold, my drama and my overall procrastination for my slow decline as the quarter progressed. I'm only disappointed because I know I could have done better. I could have gotten an A instead of a B+ in my stats class if I just devoted more time to class. I could have gotten a B instead of a B- in Chinese if I didn't slack off and stop studying for my endless quizzes. I could have aced my psych quizzes if I didn't consistently miss class due to my tireless need for sleep. Could have, would have, should have. But like the end of every quarter, all I can say is, here's to next quarter. I am finally soley taking upper division sociology and psychology classes. No more Chineseeeee!

I have been thinking about next year being my last year at UCR. First year at the dorms doesn't even seem so long ago, last year seemed to fly by, and now this year is already almost over. This quarter, by the way, has been one of the most interesting yet. I was thinking how insane it was that someone I met last year, someone who I thought was so insignificant in my life, ended up being the gateway to everything that has been happening now. Life works in funny ways, but EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON. I feel like I have to think this way or I'm just going to lose all hope in humanity. Or at least in my own life thus far. (okay, because my life is so effing terrible right now.)

Spring Breaaaaaaak. I am going to chill at home and friends, get my braces off (!!!!) and eat my mama's delish home cooking.

1 comment:

  1. COME AGAIN! You're getting your braces offf??? What is this madness. Lisa without braces is like the sun without rays... <3

    ReplyDelete