Wednesday, February 11, 2009

maybe

This quarter started out so strong. I did so well on all my midterms and now I'm already slowly sliding downhill. I guess I became too comfortable, thinking I can pull everything off without trying. My life needs to start revolving around the library and coffee shops again.

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." -Marilyn Monroe

It breaks my heart, this cliche, overused quote. I have learned in this past year that my optimism and trust has disappointed me, has fooled me and has overall made me a naive person. My desperate grasp for attention and flattery has put me in situations that I never seem to learn from. My "starting now" points can only be repeated so many times before no one takes me seriously anymore. There's a reality about this world that I either don't want to accept or that I am honestly ignorant to. I just want to have fun, make new friends all with the notion that no one will want to hurt me anymore than I want to hurt them. We're all nice people, right? We all have good intentions, we all are searching for the same wonderful goals in life. Right? Let's build a utopia, where ignorant bliss isn't necessary for people to be happy and everyone's cheerful smile isn't hiding ulterior motives.

I'm not in a rut right now. As of yet, my life is smooth and running. I'm just imagining specific people that I have run into in my life that I have improperly characterized. I am an awful judge of character. Unless you prove me wrong, I will think you are a good person.

False.

1 comment:

  1. false.

    it's good that you find good in people. i honestly did/do that too. i mean, you should!...shouldn't you? then there were those who failed me, and left me just cause they finally saw that they couldn't get into my pants.

    those boys need to fall off a horse and become paraplegic...and never be able to use their pork sword ever again.

    ReplyDelete